... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until midnight EST
A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until midnight EST
* Areas affected: south central and southeast Virginia including
the Tri-Cities and the peninsula.
* Hazards: snow and sleet.
* Timing: rain will continue to mix with sleet this
afternoon... transitioning to a sleet/snow mix from north to
south late this afternoon and this evening.
* Accumulation: accumulation of 1 to 2 inches of sleet and snow.
Trace amounts of ice are possible.
* Temperatures: mid 30s... falling into the upper 20s by early
* Winds: north 15 mph with gusts to 25 mph.
* Impacts: roads will become sleet and snow covered by mid to late
afternoon. Visibility will drop to around a quarter- mile at
times this afternoon and early evening... making travel
dangerous during the evening rush hour.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibility... and use caution while