... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 4 am EST early
* timing... through early Friday morning.
* Main impact... some slick spots may develop on mainly elevated
surfaces such as bridges and overpasses... though no major
impacts on roadways are expected as ground temperatures remain
* Location... generally along and northeast of Highway 70.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of sleet and
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
driving. Never use a generator indoors. Gas grills...
generators... and Camp stoves create deadly Carbon monoxide fumes
that will build up when used in your home.
... High surf advisory remains in effect until 4 PM EST this
* waves and surf... breaking waves of 8 to 10 feet will lead to
rough surf and minor beach erosion especially around areas of
high tide for beaches north of Cape Hatteras.
* Timing... high surf conditions are expected through Friday with
potential for greatest impact at times of high tide... which
will be around 8 am EST Friday morning.
A high surf advisory means that high surf will affect beaches in
the advisory area... producing strong shore break... dangerous rip
currents and localized beach erosion.
... Wind Advisory in effect until 10 am EST Friday...
The National Weather Service in Newport/Morehead City has issued
a Wind Advisory... which is in effect until 10 am EST Friday.
* Winds... north 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Timing... through Friday morning
* impacts... loose objects like trash cans and lawn and patio
furniture could get blown around. Tree limbs and branches could
be blown down and possibly produce power outages.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 31 to 39 mph or
gusts in excess of 45 mph are expected. Winds this strong can
make driving difficult... especially for high profile vehicles.
Use extra caution.